Saturday, February 9, 2013

A week in pictures.

With a little hiccup in my journey this week, a detour of sorts, I have found myself exploring Portland for a bit, job hunting and selling my car, learning the ins and outs of Portland via bike, bus and foot, seeing the city from a new perspective. I have been writing things down in piecemeal, haphazardly, so here are some photos from the last week, some of which speak for themselves, reminding me of friends and the interesting things I am finding along the way. Keep Portland weird.
A picture for Preston... a little Cowboy counterpart I drove past before getting into Portland.
Mt. Tabor sunrise.
Sunset walks.
Portland's recycling extravaganza.
Tea at Pieper Cafe on Foster. 80's music always playing.
Trust the process.
Sunset on my drive from Logan to Portland.
Siblings.
A book I first came across at a b&b in Mt. Shasta when I was ten or so, came across it at Powell's.
Food Pods.
Vietnamese bakery. Banh mi.
Bike Portland.
Powell's on Hawthorne.
Thai food cart.
Toto in downtown.
Sunset on a walk by my brother's place.
Tom Yum Soup.
Cozy cafe on Division and 60th: mason jar water cups, mismatched furniture, Thursday night readings, darling gals slinging coffee.
Coffee at Powell's downtown, which takes up two blocks of Burnside... books, books, books.
Food pods all over Portland.
Cathedral Bridge.
Eva's cookin'... traditional Chinese food.
Cheese and crack! A little alley stand tucked along shops on Hawthorne.
"A self-observation-operation".
How can we know what freedom feels like unless we've been unshackled from our own devices?
Brother and Eva at the Cathedral Bridge along the Colombia River.
Lebanese food! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment