Friday, December 28, 2012

"How wild it was, to let it be." Cheryl Strayed

I created an account.  A couchsurfing account.  I sent my first request to a couple who have welcomed me with open arms(or messages) and am soon off to see what this adventure entails.  I am excited, nervous, anxious, ecstatic, sad, enamored by all the possibilities of adventure, and for lack of another emotion, melancholically elated at the prospect of leaving Logan after almost three years.  Never has a place and the people residing within it taught me what it means to breathe and feel alive and want to keep living and exploring.  Logan, you've seen more tears than I thought my body was capable of, more grins and deep-bellied laughter than Buddha could have mustered.  Thank you for teaching me what it's truly like to feel.  Heading to the Pacific Northwest first to see what the rain has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment