Monday, January 21, 2013

"I have nothing to sell, I have a lot to share."

3 weeks. Or tomorrow. Or a week. Or right now. Three hours. Or 45 minutes. I can leave at a moment's notice. Just as my car can move in one direction, I can always navigate it back to the places I have been. I can come and go as I please, and though things might be different when I do, that freedom is enough to feel good about change and motion. So, on the note of change and motion and returning to places both mentally, physically, viscerally, I'm composing an on-going list of the things in my past I have appreciation for:
Growing up with a best friend, Blaire who allowed me to learn how goodit is to share in the face of change, who when I see now after a month or a year or two I am just as connected as ever with her. Worry goes out the window in her presence.
Two parents with all their faults and folly and glory and love and acceptance and humaneness who to this day want me to be utterly happy and healthy and thriving and alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment